We stayed close to the apartment for much of the day. Jill has been feeling under the weather, so we didn't venture out until the afternoon. We took a walk to Sivtsev Vrazhek Pereulok street -- not far from Novy Arbat. It was where the Gromyko House in Dr. Zhivago was located... and was also a location featured in War and Peace. We followed it to its end and were near Cathedral of Christ the Savior, seat of the Russian Orthodox Church, so we decided to spend some time again there. We had briefly visited the Cathedral on our first trip with our translator, but knew there were more exhibits to see in the lower level. We stopped at a grocery on the way back to buy some staples for dinner.
Tomorrow, we go to see Thomas at the orphanage. Jill may stay back and rest, but I'll go and see Thomas. I know I have to sign some documents and visit the notary to keep us on track.
--John
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment