Sunday, April 26, 2009

Visa Angst

AGGGGHHHHHHH!!! Ok, got that out of my system...not really...but it slightly helps. Actually, I told myself I was not going to think about Visa stuff today, but I've broken that rule 28 times already and the day's only 1/2 over. I don't know why this is causing me so much anxiety. I've got the process figured out but I think its a "control" issue thing, as I don't have any control. I am a cheap person and I hate paying for something I don't want. I am struggling with the fact that I am going to have to pay for 3 day expedited service (250 a person) even though I really don't need 3 day service. The Russian's changed the process in the beginning of April. They used to have a 4 tier visa processing system (same day, next day, this week, next week) with the corresponding costs. They've now gone to a 2 tier system of 3 day or less ($250 a person)and a 4 to 20 day ($131). My problem is that I'm needing the visa's in 14 business days, so I can't take the chance that the visa's take the long end of the processing spectrum and we don't get visas, which means "no trip". I'm just going to have to get over it and swallow the extra $129 fee per person and tell myself I will enjoy holding those visa's in my hand a few weeks early. Its the purchase of peace of mind.

Everything else is going fine. We hired a Russian doc. to visit Thomas, when we're there, to do a physical and review/translate his Russian medical records. We also decided on a pediatrician in Nashville that has lots of experience with internationally adopted kids and their medical/developmental needs. So very glad to get those 2 items off the "to do" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment