Sunday, February 8, 2009

What does $17 worth of mittens look like?

For the past 3 years I've been volunteering at a local not-for-profit agency.  The agency runs a thrift store that helps pay for the services they offer...a food bank, utility help, senior transport, nurse on call and other ministry type services.  Along with another lady, who has become a good friend, we clean, price and hang all the artwork that is donated to the store.  I really enjoy it, as I get the fun of working retail without the hassle factor of actually working retail.  The store recently got a donation of children's clothing from a manufacturer.  The clothing was brand new but last season's designs.  I had so much fun going through the clothing and picking out special outfits.  My intention was to take as much as I could get in a suitcase to Russia to donate to the orphanage.  I went heavy on jackets, mittens and hats and then added a few pants and shirts for both boys and girls.

The mittens and hats were $0.50 each!  What a bargain.  The jackets and girls clothing were so cute.  Here are a few pictures...





No comments:

Post a Comment