Friday, January 30, 2009
Tonight A Taste of Russia
We had dinner at a new restaurant that just opened in December in Cool Springs called "A Taste of Russia". We tried all the traditional dishes...borsch, pelmini (looked like tortellini, tasted like a wonton), potato piroshki (I thought it would be similar to a potato pierogi but it was more like a Michigan pasty with the baked crust), cheese blintzes and chicken Kiev. We even ventured out and tried Kvas, which is a yeasty, non-carbonated drink served at room temperature that tastes like a combination of dark beer and tea but is actually made from fermented bread. It kind of grew on me by the time I got to the bottom of the glass. We enjoyed it and will be back again to try new items. I had read on some other blog that all the food in Russia is always served with a sprinkling of dill and this restaurant was no different.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment