Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thursday

We visited Thomas today. The next time we come, on Saturday, we will be picking him up for good. We spent our time outside. I asked for his baptism certificate since he wears a little cross necklace around his neck. The orphanage couldn't find his certificate but did give me his Christening gown. I call it a gown, for lack of a better word, but its a simple woven white cotton shirt with some embroidery. A real treasure for future years. After our visit, we went back to the office to fill out the six documents needed for the US Embassy to add to our documents we brought from home: our home study, employment pay stubs and last three years of tax returns.

I'm going to try and upload a video of a room at the Kuskovo estate to see if I can do it, in preparation for when we can post pictures and videos of Thomas.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're having a great time. Good luck Saturday! We'll be thinking of you.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be thinking of you two tomorrow on your Gotcha Day! Tell Vladimir hi and everyone else at CSS that Daniel is doing great.

    We will be waiting for pictures of Thomas!!!

    Blessings,
    Mary & Greg Holt

    ReplyDelete