We have accepted our referral. He is a cute, curious, very busy 8 month old. The weather has been very pleasant and we were able to go outside in the stroller and walk for more than an hour today. We are very surprised that Thomas is so young...we were expecting a toddler around 2.
We have been much busier than we anticipated. The Moscow traffic is very congested and it takes several hours of driving a day to get to the orphanage and back...Vladimir is a very good driver...I have no worries about motion sickness. With the upcoming Russian White Nights, it stays light here so late...past 10pm and sunrise is around 4 am...you easily miss your normal bed time as you don't realize how late it is. Will try to update some more tomorrow.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We're so happy for you! Can't wait for you to get him home. Congratulations, Lori, Antoine, Simone & Claire
ReplyDeleteCongratulations John and Jill. Travel home safely. We can't wait to hear more.
ReplyDeleteLynn, Ward & Mitchell
Jill,
ReplyDeleteThat's great! I have been checking your blogs often to get the news and I am soo glad that you guys accepted your referral and that were happily surprised with such a young baby!
Congratulations!
Sinziana
Such Great News!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Happy dancing here for you AND for Thomas!
Congratulations on accepting your referral!! I hope the rest of your trip goes well and you are able to spend lots of time with Thomas! Please tell Katia that the Mixon's send their love. She is such a wonderful person - you're in great hands!
ReplyDeleteJill I'm so glad for you and John. Congratulations. Please tell Katia, Svetlana, and Irina the Thompsons say hello as well. I think you are at the same place our daughter came from. Have a great week with your son and a safe journey home.
ReplyDeleteJill,
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear things are going smoothly, very excited for both of you. I look forward to hearing more.
Alex
Jill & John,
ReplyDeleteWe are so excited for you and thrilled to hear you have found your precious Thomas! We look forward to following your journey on your blog and maybe the next time we are in Franklin we’ll get to meet.....your son!!
Congratulations
Lisa, Sam, Kendall, Kerstin, & Koltin
John and Jill,
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS! We are so happy for you. Our little Daniel is from the same place.
Many Blessings,
Greg and Mary Holt
Carola is happy is have another cousin!
ReplyDeleteTed